Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Use of DPO Consulting's Website
By accessing this website, you expressly confirm that you accept the following Terms and Conditions without reservation:
- It is very important that you read the Terms and Conditions of our website that we present to you below.
- These Terms and Conditions aim to regulate the access to this website, hosted at https://www.dpoconsulting.pt. This website is available for personal use and shall not be used for illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- This website is owned and managed by DPO Consulting.
- When you access our website and navigate its pages that implies full and unreserved acceptance of the conditions stated below.
- We may, at any time and at our discretion, change, add or delete any of the Terms and Conditions presented herein.
- We recommend that you periodically visit the page to check if any updates have been made. All changes made will be published on the website for information purposes.
- All changes made will be published on the website, for information purposes.
GDPR The General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
User Everyone who accesses our website, individual or company, browses the pages or who accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Website The website developed by us and hosted at https://www.dpoconsulting.pt
Access and Responsibility
- When using our website any activities that we consider as inappropriate and/or illicit are forbidden, namely and without excluding others that may apply:
- Any act that may constitute a violation of privacy (including sending to our website private information without the consent of the person affected) or of any other legal rights of individuals;
- Use of our website or any other public platform to defame and/or insult us as an organization, and/or our employees, or act in such a way as to jeopardize our reputation and good name;
- Send to our website files that contain viruses or other malicious code that may cause damage to our website and directly or indirectly to the property of individuals or that allow access to any network, server or computer system connected to our website;
- Publish or submit onto our website any unauthorized content, in any format, including content that is likely to cause damage or injury, or that violates our network or third party security systems, content that is defamatory, racist, obscene, or that presents itself as content that could be qualified as illegal under applicable law;
- Modify or adapt any part of the website, except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms;
- Infringe copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, ours or of any third party;
- In general, use our website in violation of any, national or international, legal, regulatory or other rules;
- Our website is presented to you "as it is". Thus, our responsibility is excluded in the exact terms outlined in number 2 of the"Interruption or Suspension of Access"section, which we advise you to read;
- We do not and cannot guarantee, without prejudice to the securitytechnology implemented, and that we review periodically, theinexistence of denial of service attacks or the absolute invulnerability ofour website to hacker attacks, viruses (denial of service) or other malicious or intrusivesoftware/code, nor are we responsible for any damages that may resultfor the user as a result of such violations caused by third parties;
- No party shall be liable for non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions when such non-compliance is due to unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure.
Privacy and Data Protection
- The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal data is a priority for us, from the moment we build our website (privacy by design), to the use of your data, which is carried out on a strict necessity basis. Additionally, the scope of the processing of personal data is reduced and its accessibility limited by design. (privacy by default).
- Any personal data obtained during your visits to our website is processed by us in strict compliance with applicable legislation.
- We have appointed a Head of Data Protection who can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, for the purpose of clarifying any doubts or for exercising rights inherent to privacy and data protection.
- The Head of Data Protection will respond to requests regarding data processing by us in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible manner, using clear and plain language, and up to a period of 30 calendar days (up to 60 days in case of complexity or depending on the number of requests).
- The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means. If the data subject so requests, the information may be provided orally, provided that the data subject’s identity is duly proven, and in the absence of identification, the Head of Data Protection may refuse to reply.
Accuracy and Integrity of Information
- We seek to ensure, at all times, that the information provided on our website is correct, appropriate and properly contextualized
- Although we use all means at our disposal to ensure the availability, accuracy and integrity of the information we provide to you, we are not liable, under any circumstances, for any inaccuracy or incompleteness thereof, which should be considered as writing lapses which may only result in its rectification, as stated in Article 249 of the Portuguese Civil Code.
Interruption or suspension of access
- We reserve the right to interrupt access to our website for such period as we deem necessary, either for technical, administrative or force major reasons, without excluding others that may occur and are not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions.
- Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any damages resulting from suspension or interruption of access that may occur, whether due to technical failures of the internet or the website itself, changes to its content, its use or impossibility of use, whether direct and/or indirect damages of patrimonial and/or non patrimonial nature, emerging damages and/or ceasing profits or any other damages and/or costs of business losses or others that may be claimed and alleged.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights and other content in general available on our website, are our property or used by us with the permission of their owner;
- Therefore, and without excluding others, all images, texts, trademarks, service marks and logos (owned by us or third parties), photographs, data, music, sound, graphics, software and the source code and advertising are protected by law, and therefore its reproduction or copy, dissemination, transmission, modification, publication or sale, distribution or any other form of use, in whole or in part, regardless of the means used and the purpose for which they are intended, whether public or private;
- In order for the user to be able to reproduce part of the contents of our website, he/she must request our prior written consent and we will decide, also in writing and within 10 calendar days, whether or not to grant permission for the reproduction, this period being counted under the terms of article 279, paragraph b) of the Civil Code;
- Any improper use, whether in terms of texts, images, marketing, marketing policy, software, graphic design or any other content, of any nature, contrary to that provided in the preceding paragraphs, which causes any damage, direct or indirect or loss of any nature, may constitute the user in the obligation to indemnify us and the offender could be subject to due legal process, in civil and/or criminal;
- An exception is made for the possibility of the user to make quotations, provided that he/she always indicates the source and the respective link of our website where they can be found;
- It is also excepted that the user may reproduce, without authorization, certain documents, such as communications or press releases, as long as they are used for merely informative purposes, being excluded any use of a personal or commercial nature;
- Our website may contain images acquired from image banks, which are subject to copyrights; copyright dos respetivos fornecedores.
- Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not, however, have any influence or control over such websites and are not responsible, unless otherwise indicated, for their availability and content; links press releases, as long as they are used for merely informative purposes, being excluded any use of a personal or commercial nature;
- Please note that the deactivation of cookies may prevent the normal functioning of our website, namely preventing some services from functioning fully or preventing access to some areas.
- If you have any complaints about the operation of the website, please consult the "Contacts" section below. We will respond quickly and solve the problem if it is ourresponsibility.
- The Terms and Conditions under consideration shall be interpreted in accordance with the Portuguese law, in particular in accordance with the interpretative criteria set out in Article 9 of the Portuguese Civil Code.
- We and the user of our website accept, without reservation, that any dispute or litigation will be governed by Portuguese law, agreeing as competent, with express waiver of any other, the court of Oporto.
We reserve the right to change, without prior notice, the content of these general terms. However, we will inform you of such changes on our website. The Head of Data Protection is responsible for ensuring that any revision or updating of this policy is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
The user is bound by the new terms when browsing our website.